Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 3 ~ Carrying Out My GAME Plan


The GAME plan is an outline for educators to use with their students to set goals, taking actions by lesson planning, monitoring student growth and evaluating student progress and student effectiveness (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009, p. 3).  This week we were asked to review our GAME plan and include resources needed to carry it out, what additional information I will need and what I have done so far.

Indicator: Model Digital Age Work and Learning – Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.

My goal for this was to learn about and become skilled in new technologies and instruct in order to become better at collaboration not only with students but parents and others, even globally. 

Even though I want to expand our classroom experience in Rwanda, we can also do it with a sister school.  This year we partnered with a first grade class to do some collaborative writing and PowerPoint instruction.  The teacher is moving to another school in our district and wants to connect our classes next year through Skype, edmodo and other sharing sites to post notes, updates, conversations, and student work.  If anyone can suggest other sites to use, I would appreciate it!  We will also expand our communication with our Rwanda friends with my class next year.  I also told this year’s students that I would not delete them from the group so they can continue conversing. 

 

Indicator: Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership- teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership. My goal as our team leader is to help step up our technology usage and student engagement.  My team is split on technology usage and knowledge.  We are planning a partnership to assist the teachers that shy away or are too uncomfortable in making changes.  In addition, I have signed up not only for the English/Language Arts Common Core professional development but I am going to attend the math session as well.  My other ELA partner is attending science so we can both be knowledgeable how the ELA standards are integrated across content.  The description of the sessions includes a technology component so I am excited as to what it will include.

 

References

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom

            use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for

      teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah
    I am afraid I do not have any experience in the kind of work you do with the overseas class. However I know the Flat Classroom project has many applications, have you considered looking there?

    Your workshops sound like they have promise to help both with your game plan and with your work on this course. I hope they go well!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete